Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Childbirth Toys

We had another great class this evening, and finally used the pillows we have been bringing each time for some relaxation techniques, which was fun. But the coolest was being able to play with the various gadgets used to assist the labor process. We used the vacuum on our forearms, and it really has lots of suction. I would be hesitant to use that on my soft baby's head. We also created a mock epidural, and as our coach used a prop, she would pass it around the room. The final needle is not just long, but thick too, though they do numb you first. I haven't decided whether I prefer to tough it out naturally or with some numbing agents. I plan to go in with an open mind and figure out how I feel.

2 Comments:

At August 30, 2005 10:04 AM, Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Best way to go, open minded. You have know idea what it's going to feel like so it's hard to say ahead of time. I wanted to do natural but if you read my birth story, I didn't last long. But I was induced and had some other uncommon things that lead to that, plus I ended up w/a C-section anyway. But still, my next one will be natural!

I'm sending you lots of super quick, painless, easy labor vibes. And no tearing/episiotomy needed!

 
At November 03, 2005 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog about sporting good store online. I also have a Blog/Website about sporting good store online which is why I enjoyed this blog so much. Keep up the excellent work! Check out my site if you have a moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home